Thursday, January 12, 2012

Clementine

I made peace with myself... just after one day of recklessness

I've unwrapped myself of negativity and self inflicting wounds. The bandages were bloody and some speckled. Something and I'm not sure what is changing within me. I feel as if I'm basking in a glorious moment. One that seems everlasting and untouchable by those who mean me harm. I have stayed up nights crying, hoping that no one would hear my begs for breath. Those nights were lonely and deafening to those who've past. I know that my grandfather would not want me in a shape that has been mended to fit around someones finger. He would want me proud and filled with gall. A few shots of whiskey had whisked away my hope for a future. I didn't want to die, and when my eyes filled with a fear that only God could put in; I realized that my ghost was not ready to emerge. Covering my chest because I no longer thought I was beautiful; covering my smile because I thought it was a lie, but now my fingertips are grazing fabric. Fresh air blowing against skin; as I am no longer afraid to be in Samantha's skin. I was hovering across the wide open room with a tilt in my neck; just staring down at the beggars. I can only choose the midnight choice, but what is that?Will there be a prince charming with some kind of crooked demeanor? If that;s the case my shoulder will easily brush past him. The candlelit street behind the castle is a much more suitable route for someone of my nature. I'm stripping down the trickery that once made up my day. Sweet, sweet memories will embrace the youth. The youth I share with the ones willing to listen; is now the outline of my heart. There is so much to place upon silver platters and I'm quietly awaiting dinner guests; that are little pieces of myself. I no longer await the bitter days of waiting. Every piece of myself is now whole...

I am Samantha again...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1lR9TvFBUw&feature=BFa&list=PL3B1857AC9622319E&lf=plpp_video

No comments:

Post a Comment